Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 20-01-2022
The mart manager reported “brisk” bidding around the ring and online for all stock.
“There was a superb trade from start to finish. Demand for forward stores remains high with strong cattle selling up to €2.80/kg.”
“Lighter, quality stores also sold well, making up to€3/kg or more in some instances,” she remarked.
Raphoe Mart 20-01-2022:
- Bulls/bullocks made from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers sold from €2/kg to €3.10/kg;
- Fat cows ranged from €600/head to €2110/head;
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €1075 over the weight.
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €940 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €410 to €975 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €1015 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €810 over the weight.
Last week’s cattle sale:
According to Harkin, there was a “superb trade for all on offer” at the Donegal-based mart on Thursday, January 13th, 2022.
She reported that quality, forward cattle remained in “high demand”, with many selling to €1,100 over the weight to a high of €1,285 over.
“Bidding was also brisk for lighter stock with in-spec lots selling from €2.70/kg to €3.30/kg,” she added.
- Bulls made from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg;
- Bullocks pushed from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg ;
- Heifers ranged from €2.20/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Fat cows climbed from €590/head to €1980/head.
According to Harkin, lambs sold for the following prices at Monday’s (January 17th, 2022) sheep sale:
- €100 to €125 for 31-37kgs;
- €125 to €140 for 38-44kgs;
- €140 to €150 for 45-50kgs;
- €150 to €156 for 50-55kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €80 to €160 each.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]