Blessington Mart – Cattle Prices – 23-06-2022
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a smaller entry went under the hammer at its cattle sale on Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 (23-06-2022).
The spokesperson noted that a “very good” trade prevailed for all classes at its most recent sale.
Continental store bullocks ranged from €540-€960 over, while Hereford and Aberdeen-Angus store bullocks varied from €420-€780 over the kg.
Meanwhile, in the heifer ring, continental stores changed hands from between €480-€850 over the weight, while Hereford and Angus-types pushed from €400-€750 over.
Lastly, in the cow ring, beef entries made from €560-€1,140 over the kg, while feeding types sold from €340-€550 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices
According to the spokesperson, lambs were back by between €2-€3/head at Tuesday’s (June 21st, 2022) sale.
They noted that despite this, the cast ewe trade remained “similar” to the previous week.
Heavy ewes traded from €180-€232/head, while lighter types found new homes at €96-€170.
Meanwhile, in terms of lambs, heavy sorts varied from €166-€171/head or €116-€123 over the kg, while factory types ranged from €140-€166 o €100-€120 over the weight and stored changed hands from €104-€136 or €80-€96 over the kg.
Last week’s cattle prices
The spokesperson noted that trade was “similar” to the previous week for all cattle types.
Prices ranged from €340 over the kg up to €1,640 over the weight at Thursday’s cattle sale.
- Beef bullocks – €1,180-€1,640 over;
- Continental store bullocks – €600-€1,040 over;
- HE/AA store bullocks – €480-€960 over;
- Friesian store bullocks – €460-€1,140 over;
- Continental store heifers – €520-€1,040 over;
- HE/AA store heifers – €440-€880 over;
- Beef cows – €640-€1,180 over;
- Feeding cows – €340-€610 over.
Last week’s sheep prices
According to a spokesperson, a larger entry of lambs came under the hammer on Tuesday, June 14th, 2022.
The spokesperson noted that trade “remained very strong” for all classes at its most recent sheep sale.
- Heavy lambs – €170-€177 or €120-€130 over;
- Factory lambs – €150-€170 or €110-€124 over;
- Store lambs – €110-€138 or €70-€102 over;
- Heavy ewes – €180-€230/head;
- Lighter ewes – €100-€172/head.
You can find more mart reports on That’s Farming.
Email your reports to – email@example.com