Blessington Mart – Cattle Prices – 16-06-2022
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a “very good” trade prevailed for all classes of cattle on Thursday, June 16th, 2022.
The spokesperson noted that trade was “similar” to the previous week for all cattle types.
Prices ranged from €340 over the kg up to €1,640 over the weight at Thursday’s cattle sale.
Blessington Mart 16-06-2022:
- Beef bullocks – €1,180-€1,640 over;
- Continental store bullocks – €600-€1,040 over;
- HE/AA store bullocks – €480-€960 over;
- Friesian store bullocks – €460-€1,140 over;
- Continental store heifers – €520-€1,040 over;
- HE/AA store heifers – €440-€880 over;
- Beef cows – €640-€1,180 over;
- Feeding cows – €340-€610 over.
According to a spokesperson, a larger entry of lambs came under the hammer on Tuesday, June 14th, 2022.
The spokesperson noted that trade “remained very strong” for all classes at its most recent sheep sale.
- Heavy lambs – €170-€177 or €120-€130 over;
- Factory lambs – €150-€170 or €110-€124 over;
- Store lambs – €110-€138 or €70-€102 over;
- Heavy ewes – €180-€230/head;
- Lighter ewes – €100-€172/head.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a “very lively” trade prevailed for all classes of livestock, especially forward store bullocks at its cattle sale on Thursday, June 9th, 2022.
The spokesperson noted that prices ranged from €180 over the weight for Friesian store bullocks, while beef bullocks soared to €1,550 over the kg.
Last week’s sheep prices
The spokesperson reported that this was particularly the case for both cast ewes and fat lambs at its most recent sheep sale.
Ewes with lambs at foot changed hands from €150-€300/unit, while heavy ewes ranged from €188-€250/head and lighter ewes traded from €100-€180/head.
Meanwhile, spring lambs 45kgs+ made from €168-€175 or €116-€125 over the kg, while spring lambs 40kgs+ fetched from €148-€166 or €110-€120 over the weight.
You can find more mart reports on That’s Farming.
Email your reports to – [email protected]