Blessington Mart – Cattle Prices – 10-11-2022
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, prices for beef and forward stores were up €20-€30/head at its most recent cattle sale on Thursday, November 10th, 2022.
The spokesperson noted that the sale attracted a “large” entry of cattle, which saw prices reach €1,300 over the kg.
- Feeding cows – €200-€540 over;
- Beef cows – €560-€1,100 over;
- HE/AA store heifers – €300-€580 over;
- Continental store heifers – €400-€820 over;
- Beef heifers – €760-€1,010 over;
- Friesian store bullocks – €290-€900 over;
- HE/AA store bullocks – €300-€580 over;
- Continental store bullocks – €480-€1,110 over;
- Beef bullocks – €1,040-€1,300 over.
This week’s sheep prices
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, all classes met with a “very lively” trade at its sheep sale on Tuesday, November 8th, 2022.
They reported that “a lot of customers” were in the market for good quality lambs.
- Lighter ewes – €70-€114/head;
- Heavy ewes – €126-€160/head;
- Heavy lambs – €138-€144 or €84-€93 over;
- Factory lambs – €120-€138 or €76-€88 over;
- Store lambs over 40kgs – €106-€118 or €66-€78 over;
- Store lambs over 35kgs – €90-€106 or €55-€71 over;
- Over 30kg store lambs – €60-€86 or €30-€64 over.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a “very good” trade prevailed for bullocks and heifers on Thursday, November 3rd, 2022.
The mart spokesperson reported that there was activity from customers both at the ringside and online.
Prices ranged from €140 to €1,280 over the kg at Thursday’s cattle sale.
Feeding cows fetched from €240-€480 over the kg, while beef cows sold from €500-€1,000 over the kg.
Meanwhile, Hereford and Angus store heifers pushed from €330-€580 over, while continental store heifers made from €400-€780 over and beef heifers changed hands from €840-€1,060 over the kg.
In the bullock ring, beef types varied from €960-€1,280 over the kg, while continental stores sold from €440-€1,000 over, Hereford and Angus stores found new owners from €400-€680 over and Friesian stores made from €140-€420 over.
Read more on this mart report.