A smaller entry, consisting of some 680 lots, was presented for sale at Kilkenny Mart on Thursday (October 29th).
The mart’s auctioneer, George Candler, noted that a smaller offering of bullocks met with a lively trade.
“All heifers met a steady trade with perhaps fewer customers for lighter types. The sale resulted in a 98% clearance.”
- 600kgs – €1.75-€2.40/kg or €970-€1,500/head;
- 500-600kgs – €1.70-€2.45/kg or €750-€1,390/head;
- 400-500kgs – €1.50-€2.60/kg or €650-€1,200/head;
- <400kgs – €1.55-€2.60/kg or €550-€830/head.
- Friesians – €.062-€1.35/head;
- Continentals – €1.20-€2.06/kg.
- Beef-types – €1.80-€2.40/kg or €1,060-€1,360/head;
- Forward stores – €1.70-€2.52/kg or €820-€1,110/head;
- Light stores – €1.50-€2.10/kg or €580-€780/head.