Ireland’s first sale of buffalo calves took place at Thurles Mart, Co. Tipperary, earlier this afternoon (Wednesday, September 2nd).
The animals from the farm of Johnny Lynch of Macroom Buffalo went under the hammer at 4pm, with bids placed ringside and online on MartEye.
In just under 15 minutes, eight buffalos found new owners, with prices outlined below:
- 5-month-old bull – 205kg – €1,140;
- 5-month-old bull – 165kg – €1,120;
- X2 7-months-old – 205kg – €840;
- X2 10 and 11-month-old castrated males – 285kg – €760;
- X2 9 and 11-month-old castrated males – 247kg – €600.
AgriCam has agreed to give a voucher to the value of €500 to the highest bidder at the sale.
Image source: MartEye