Farming News/Mart Reports on That’s Farming – Cattle Prices – 14-08-2023
According to Marion Devane, Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on Monday, August 14th, 2023, saw “persistent prices” for cows, along with “strong” demand from local and northern buyers for forward stores and finished cattle.
The mart manager reported that cull cows topped at €2,250, while heifers hit €1,610.
Cull cow prices:
- 720 kg CHX by a Kigeverin farmer made €1730 (€2.40/kg);
- 700 kg LMX by a Cloonmore farmer made €1930 (€2.76/kg);
- 675 kg LMX by a Cloonmore farmer made €1910 (€2.83/kg);
- 845 kg CHX by a Ballindine farmer made €2130 (€2.52/kg);
- 740 kg CHX by a Lenamore farmer made €1740 (€2.35/kg);
- 875 kg HE by a Belclare farmer made €2250 (€2.57/kg);
- 700 kg CHX by an Oranmore farmer made €1800 (€2.57/kg).
- 380 kg LMX by a Cloonthue farmer made €1300 (€3.42/kg);
- 430 kg CHX by a Carrowkeel farmer made €1240 (€2.88/kg);
- A pair 512 kg LMX by a Feigh North farmer made €1510 (€2.95/kg);
- 515 kg CHX by an Irishtown farmer made €1550 (€3.01/kg);
- 535 kg CHX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1570 (€2.93/kg);
- 550 kg CHX by a M;illtown farmer made €1560 (€2.84/kg);
- 595 kg LMX by a Lissanaaey farmer made €1650 (€2.77/kg).
A selection of CHX bullocks by a Dunmore farmer made:
- 735 kg – €2230 – (€3.03/kg);
- 775 kg – €2330 – (€3.01/kg);
- 785 kg – €2360 – (€3.01/kg);
- 900 kg – €2670 – (€2.97/kg).
Heifer prices include:
- 395 kg CHX by a Garrafaunus farmer made €1180 (€2.99/kg);
- 450 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1260 (€2.80/kg);
- A pair 415 kg CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1350 (€3.25/kg);
- A pair 492 CHX by a Cloghashill farmer made €1390 (€2.83/kg);
- 485 CHX by a Garrafrauns farmer made €1410 (€2.91/kg);
- 620 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1610 (€2.60/kg).
Next week will see the mart’s opening weanling sale on Monday, August 21st, 2023, at 5:30 p.m. and its annual sheep show & sale on Tuesday, August 22nd, 2023 – Bookings on: 093-24353.
See more farming news on www.thatsfarming.com
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.