Farming News/Mart Reports: Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 31-07-2023
According to Marion Devane, a “resounding” race week trade prevailed at Tuam Mart’s cattle sale on Monday, July 31st, 2023.
Cull cows pushed to €1,880, while heifers hit €1,840 and bullocks topped at €1790.
Tuam Mart on 31-07-2023
- A pair 327 kg HEX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €970 (€2.97/kg);
- 390 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €1260 (€3.23/kg);
- 410 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €1390 (€3.39/kg);
- 470 kg CHX by a Kinvara farmer made €1360 (€2.89/kg);
- 555 kg LMX by a Lavally East farmer made €1660 (€2.99/kg);
- 605 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1700 (€2.81/kg);
- 625 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1790 (€2.86/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 685 kg LMX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1880 (€2.63/kg);
- 645 kg LMX by a Corrandulla farmer made €1740 (€2.70/kg);
- 695 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1760 (€2.53/kg);
- 815 kg CHX by a Cloghans Hill farmer made €2130 (€2.61/kg);
- 745 kg LMX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1780 (€2.39/kg);
- 780 kg CH by an Athenry farmer made €1970 (€2.53/kg);
- 670 kg LMX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1680 (€2.51/kg).
- 440 kg LMX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1290 (€2.93/kg);
- 470 kg LMX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1360 (€2.89/kg);
- 525 kg CHX by a Beaugh farmer made €1450 (€2.76/kg);
- 575 kg CHX by a Foxhall farmer made €1680 (€2.92/kg);
- 640 kg LMX by a Cloonmore farmer made €1770 (€2.77/kg);
- 680 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1840 (€2.71/kg).
According to Marion Devane, an “upward” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart, Co Galway on Monday, July 17th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that cull cows topped at €2,580, while heifers soared to €1,710 and bullocks fetched up to €1730.
- No sale next week Bank Holiday Monday, August 7th, 2023;
- Sheep Sale as normal on Tuesday.
- Special sale for beef cattle on Monday, August 14th, 2023.