The final Irish Simmental Cattle Society spring bull sale will take place on Friday, April 30th, 2021, at Tullamore Mart.
This sale will start at 7 pm and will include 38 bulls and 1 in-calf heifer.
Potential customers can view animals for sale on Friday evening strictly between 5.30 pm & 7.00 pm only.
Customers must contact the Simmental Society in advance to confirm their viewing slot at Tullamore Mart. You can contact the society by phone: 057 93 24577 or by email: [email protected]
The society will host the sale online with LSL. Potential customers are advised to contact Tullamore Mart on 057 93 21196 to ensure that their account is in operation before the start of the sale.
Entries – photos and videos
To request a paper-based copy of the catalogue, call the society on 057 93 24577.
There are a selection of photos and videos of bulls available to view on our website for this sale here.
A spokesperson for the Irish Simmental Cattle Society told That’s Farming: “This sale offers farmers an ideal opportunity to source a top-quality bull for either suckler or dairy cows.”
The key attributes of Irish Simmental as outlined by the Irish Simmental Cattle Society:
- Maternal abilities – Replacement heifers/cows must have enough milk to rear their calves to full potential. Simmental is the breed whose background guarantees milk supply.
- Growth rate – Simmental, being a continental breed, that is very strong on growth rate, ensures that offspring will mature early, well ahead of any 30-month deadlines.
- Ease of calving – Simmental has the reputation as being a very easy calving continental breed, an attribute that is now more important than ever due to the increased number of part-time farmers involved in suckling.
- Docility – Having cattle that are easily handled and not excitable adds to improved herd performance, an objective that is easily achieved by using Simmental.
- Muscularity – Today’s Simmental bull is well muscled. This is evident by the increase in demand for Simmental weanling bull calves for finishing.
For anyone looking for additional information regarding this sale or transport home for a bull, please contact the society on 057 92 24577 or email [email protected]