Farming News: Raphoe Livestock Mart – Cattle Prices – 29-06-2023
According to Ann Harkin, there was another “good” entry at this week’s sale at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, June 29th, 2023, writes farming journalist, Catherina Cunnane.
The mart manager reported that demand “continued” for stock around the ring with highs of €2,490.
Dry cows topped out at €1970 for 780kgs and €1840 for 660kgs.
Forward cattle met a “lively” trade, selling to €2490 for 795kgs and €2460 for 770kgs.
Meanwhile, medium weights pushed to €1330 for 430kgs and €1310 for 420kgs, and lighter cattle fetched up to €620 for 225kgs and €1050 for 335kgs.
- Bulls/bullocks from €2.40/kg to €3.30/kg;
- Heifers from €2.50/kg to €3.50/kg;
- Fat cows from €800/head to €1970/head;
- AA cattle from €2.10/kg to €2.80/kg;
- FR cattle from €1.90/kg to €2.30/kg.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, there was a “brisk” trade at Monday’s sheep sale with increased demand for store lambs.
Lambs sold at:
- €80 to €100 for 28-33kgs;
- €100 to €120 for 33-37kgs;
- €120 to €140 for 37-41kgs
- €140 to €160 for 41-44kgs;
- €160 to €172 for 44-52kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €70/head to €170/head.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to Harkin, a “brisk trade” prevailed around the ring and online for stock on offer at last week’s cattle sale, with “notable demand” for quality cattle and strong, forward types.
Forward cattle changed hands from €2.70/kg to €3.20/kg, while medium weights pushed from €2.80/kg to €3.40/kg, and lighter weights varied from €2.80/kg to €3.60/kg.
At last Thursday’s sale, Aberdeen Angus types sold from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg, while Friesian cattle stood from €2.10/kg to €2.50/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €905 to €1455 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €835 to €1260 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €615 to €920 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €615 to €975 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €300 to €785 over the weight.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am.
Read more on this mart report on www.thatsfarming.com