Carrigallen Mart, Roscommon Mart and Delvin Mart will begin hosting virtual livestock sales within days.
Carnew, Kilmallock and Tullamore Mart went live earlier this week; GVM Group intends to add Abbeyfeale Mart to the list shortly.
Marts across the country are availing of LSL’s video streaming and online video services to facilitate the trade of livestock. The app displays real-time mart sales, with lot images, weights and sale prices.
The technology allows these marts to operate in line with the health executive public emergency protocol.
Over 10% of Irish marts operating online sales
Speaking to That’s Farming, Brendan Hannigan, CEO of Livestock-Live, said: “By the end of the week, over 10% of Irish marts will have opened and be operating online virtual marts with the Livestock-Live (LSL) app.
Current sale arrangements:
- Carnaross Mart – Monday: bullocks; Tuesday: weanlings and sucklers; Thursdays: heifers; Friday; calves;
- Manorhamilton Mart – Monday: cattle; Wednesday: sheep; Saturday; cattle – dry cows, heifers, heifer weanlings, bullocks, bull weanlings and sucklers/springers;
- Carnew Mart – Friday: dry cows and sucklers; Saturday: cattle and weanlings;
- Tullamore Mart: Monday: suckler cows, weanling heifers and heifers; Thursday: dry cows, bulls and bullocks;
- Kilmallock Mart: Monday: weanling bulls and bullocks; Wednesday: dry cows and heifers; Friday: suck calves.