A U grade 23-month-old Parthenaise-cross-Belgian Blue commercial breeding heifer (sired by an AI Parthenaise bull and out of AI-bred Belgian Blue-cross dam), is up for grabs in a rural GAA club’s Easter fundraising draw.
Tynagh-Abbey/ Duniry GAA Hurling Club, in Co Galway, is organising the monster draw, which has six main prizes and will take place in Cross Bar Powers on April 9th, 2023.
Speaking to That’s Farming, Caroline Pierce. Tynagh Abbey Duniry Club PRO, told our editor, Catherina Cunnane:
“The purpose of the fundraiser is so that the club will use the raffle proceeds to take care of the maintenance, upkeep and insurance of the local community pitches, the astroturf, Duniry training area, Tynagh clubhouse and Duniry Centre.”
“The club has also recently extended and refurbished the club gym. We want to raise €25,000, and as a club, we are very grateful to all the people who have bought tickets and supported the raffle so far.”
“People can see there are fantastic prizes to be won. There are different prizes to suit a wide audience, from a heifer to cash to fencing to hotel vouchers, so anyone that wins will be happy with whatever prize they get.”
“There is a lot of talk around the area about this prized heifer. Farmers are joking if she will be on their farm in a few weeks, so it is a good talking point in our locality.”
“As you can see from the pictures Bluebell, our Belgian Blue-cross heifer, has been very well fed and looked after by Ian Devan.”
“You can see from the pictures what a fine animal she is and well worth buying a ticket for €10 or 6 for €50.”
“If you do not want the heifer, you can take the cash alternative of €2,500 for the first prize. You can purchase tickets through local outlets, all committee members, or by clicking this link.”
- 2nd prize – 10-acre Gallagher Solar Fence, sponsored by Ger Lynch;
- 3rd prize – Pallas Karting voucher worth €300;
- 4th prize – €200 hotel voucher, sponsored by Declan Burke Motors, Abbey;
- 5th prize- €100 One-For-All voucher, sponsored Optimal Recovery Portumna;
- 6th prize – €100 One-For-All voucher, sponsored by TAD Hurling Club.
The organising committee members are:
- Caroline Pierce – club PRO;
- Mike Moloney – fundraiser committee member;
- Seanie Quirke – club treasurer;
- Mike Sheil – club chairperson;
- Carmel Campbell Hooban – club treasurer; Tommy Moran, fundraiser committee member;
- Tom Moloney – fundraiser committee member;
- Michael Glynn – fundraiser committee member;
- Orla Fahy – club secretary;
- Ger Lynch – lead fundraiser committee member;
- John Whelan – fundraiser committee member.
More farming news on That’s Farming