During my time at UCD, I was lucky enough to be a committee member of the Agricultural Science Society, a society who raises money for charity each year through fundraising and various events.
I have heard a lot of people say they can spot an AgSoc member from a mile off, I would be one of those obvious people.
There are a few things that set us apart, so I decided to compile a list. Personally, I’m guilty of most of these things.
- They’ll be seen donning their committee jacket at any given opportunity;
- If you’re a company, they’ve probably called looking for sponsorship;
- It will be the first thing on their CV;
- You’ve probably bought a cup of tea from them;
- They’ll have at least one tweet about it;
- Cover photo? You guessed it! A picture of the committee handing over the cheque to the chosen charities;
- They will tell you if given the opportunity.
If you want to see a list of distinguishing features of any group of people, send your suggestions to [email protected]