As stereotypes go, finding a farmer in the ‘big smoke’ is said to be a rarity. I want to debunk this myth once and for all.
Farmers, in fact, do enjoy a trip to the city and can be found amongst the ‘townies’ on occasion. In saying that, finding them won’t be too difficult, as there are a few differences of character.
If you ever lose a farmer in the city, here’s a list of things to look for:
- Google maps? No need! I’ve a roadmap here form 2004;
- Grafton St., O’Connell St., Dame St.? Hell to that, where’s Croke Park?
- The uniform: Checked shirt, jeans and a pair of ‘tang’ boots;
- “Where’s Supermacs?”;
- “Stephen’s Green? Oh yeah, I know it! That’s where I parked the tractor before Christmas”;
- Look for taxis that are heading to Copper Face Jacks;
- “Jesus a pint is only €4 at home!”
- Spot the lads with the packed lunch of sandwiches and a flask of tea, that usually gives it away.
If you want to see a list of distinguishing features of any group of people, send your suggestions to [email protected]