Gabe Brown, one of the most widely revered and celebrated farmers in the field of regenerative agriculture, is set to return to Ireland later this summer for an in-depth 3-day workshop based around his adaptive livestock grazing system.
Taking place across August 8th – 10th (Tuesday – Thursday), participants of the NOTS (National Organic Training Skillnet)-organised event will learn both in a classroom venue and in an on-farm practical setting from Brown and his Soil Health Academy.
Classrooom sessions will take place in the Tower Hotel, Waterford, while the on-farm sessions will be on Pollard Farm, managed by an innovative organic dairy farmer, Kevin O’Hanlon in nearby Ballywilliam, Co Wexford.
Brown, who has previously featured on That’s Farming in this news article, took over a 1,760-acre farm outside Bismarck, North Dakota, in 1991.
Step by step, Brown included more holistic management and regenerative practices and today, continues no-tilling and has added multi-species cover and companion crops.
He has become an innovator in managed grazing techniques that allow most of his pastures a year of recovery time between feeding periods.
Almost 30 years later, Brown runs a highly successful 5,000-acre ranch, of which he tells in his acclaimed book, Dirt to Soil: One Family’s Journey into Regenerative Agriculture, which he has designed to be a guide for others.
- Dates: Tuesday August 8th – Thursday August 10th, 2023
- Time: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm each day
- Classroom Venue: Tower Hotel, Co Waterford (Morning & Early Afternoon Sessions)
- On-Farm Venue: Pollard Farm (Kevin O’Hanlon), Ballywilliam, Co Wexford (Afternoon Sessions)
- Trainers: Gabe Brown, Dr Allen Williams & Luke Jones
- Cost: €375 when you sign up through NOTS (€625 without NOTS funding)
- Ticket Includes:
- Lunch, bus travel, and refreshments on each day
- Full online pass to BioFarm 2023 Conference
Participants can avail of NOTS’ exclusive deal with the Tower Hotel of €120 for bed, breakfast and evening meal on either Tuesday 8th or Wednesday 9th.
Please note – an instalment payment plan is available (3X payments of €125) – please call 071 9640688 for more information.