New to the market at €380,000 and for sale in Wexford is a unique Scandinavian style 4-bedroom country residence on a circa 3.7-acre site.
Quinn Property is handling the sale of ‘Cúil Mín’, Hollyfort, Gorey, Co. Wexford, Y25 KP92.
The residence is located just 1km from Hollyfort village along the main Gorey to Tinahely road.
This Scandinavian-style property nestles in a “peaceful and tranquil setting” with Annagh Hill as a backdrop.
“This family home oozes warmth and charm. Crafted from the finest Finnish wood providing an ecologically friendly home, it has been designed for comfort and modern-day living.”
“Flooded with natural light, most rooms have duel window aspects of the garden. On arrival, one is immediately welcomed into a home full of character.”
The house is approached via a wooden gated entrance with a tarmacadam avenue that extends around the house.
Mature trees, shrubbery, manicured lawns, hedging, and timber fencing add to this residence’s “superior” external touches.
A pathway from the adjoining field takes you to an idyllic setting beside the Bann River.
The accommodation has the benefit of being wheelchair accessible and comprises:
- Entrance hall: 4.1m x 1.3m: Approached via a stable door, carpet;
- Living/dining room: 8.8m x 5.0m: Spacious, open plan room flooded with light, vaulted ceiling, solid fuel stove, carpet, double doors to kitchen;
- Kitchen/diner: 5.7m x 4.0m Stanley oil cooker, overhead hanging Sheila, fitted kitchen, dishwasher, electric cooker, under counter fridge, tiled splashback, carpet
- Utility room: 4.2m x 2.0m: Bright and airy room with fitted units, washing machine, dryer, tiled splashback, carpet, Belfast sink
- Fourth bedroom: 4.2m x 2.7m Carpet, scenic countryside views;
- Third bedroom: 4.2m x 2.7m Carpet, scenic countryside views
- First bedroom: 4.6m x 4.0m: Bright, spacious room with two windows taking full advantage of views, carpet, shelved closet 1.8m x 0.8m, shelved hot press
- Ensuite: 1.9m x 1.9m shower, w.c., w.h.b., bidet
Second bedroom: 4.6m x 4.0m:
- Bright, spacious room with two windows taking full advantage of views, carpet, shelved closet 1.8m x 0.8m, access to a hot press, two windows
- Ensuite: 2.2m x 1.7m: Wet room with w.c., w.h.b., bath
- Bathroom: 3.0m x 1.3m: Shower, w.c., w.h.b.
- Rating: D1
- BER No. 113825996
- Energy Performance Indicator: 255.29kWh/m²/yr
The selling agent pointed out that Hollyfort has a local shop and pub.
Furthermore, Gorey, one of north Wexford’s most noted towns, is only 8km away.
Gorey offers an “excellent” choice of schools, restaurants, shops, pubs, award-winning hotels, a cinema and a theatre.
Besides, there are various local leisure amenities such as sandy beaches, golf courses to include Courtown Golf and Ballymoney Golf Club, swimming and leisure centres.
There are “excellent” daily commuter services in Gorey with Bus Eireann and the local train station.
The property is 5km from Kilanerin with primary school, shop, church and 14km from Tinahely. Dublin is just over an hour’s drive.
Photos of the country residence:
Other properties for sale
You can find more land, houses and farms for sale here.