An auction sale of agricultural tractors, loading shovels, vehicles, implements and spares will take place later this month.
Cheffins is holding the multi-item sale – which has some 250 lots catalogued – at Barford St Michael, Oxfordshire, in the UK at 10:30 am Thursday, June 30th, 2022.
- 1990 Volvo BM L70 loading shovel;
- 1977 Ford 7700 +L;
- Ferguson TE-20 (5);
- Ford Ferguson 9NAN;
- 2007 Iveco Eurocargo horsebox;
- 1993 Land Rover Discovery V8.
- Vaderstad Roller rolls 18ft;
- Dowdeswell DP7 4-furrow plough;
- Wessex horsebox;
- Ifor Williams TA5G livestock trailer;
- Ferguson Earth Scoop;
- Ferguson cultivator;
- Ransomes C90 3-leg subsoiler;
- Twose yard scraper;
- Bomford SuperFlow cultivator;
- Amazone ZA-M Compact fertiliser spreader;
- Cherry products: bag lifter, bale handlers and buckets;
- Implement spares;
- Workshop equipment;
Buyers paid “high prices” of up to £53,600 at Cheffins’ most recent on-site sale of over 60 classic tractors and selected vehicles.
The East Anglian-based auctioneer held the sale on May 28th, 2022, in Winkleigh, Devon, on behalf of well-known enthusiast and machinery dealer, Rodney Cowle.
Cheffins sold the first part of the Rodney Cowle collection in May 2019, and 40 tractors, including Ford and Ford-based derivatives, came under the hammer.
Some sample machinery prices from the 2022 sale, which attracted over 60 classic tractors:
- 1989 Ford 7810 Silver Jubilee; £53,600;
- County 1184: £50,384;
- 1985 Massey Ferguson 4880: £43,952;
- 1978 John Deere 4850: £31,088;
- Ford 8730: £30,016.
Speaking following the machinery auction, Oliver Godfrey, head of the machinery department at Cheffins, said:
“Rodney is known for having a fantastic eye for original classic tractors and has been able to source some rare, quality examples from worldwide.”
“The sale saw a buoyant trade with a great attendance and tons of bidders signed up online. The second part of the Rodney Cowle collection saw much pre-sale interest.”
“The market for these classic tractors continues to gather pace. We regularly see record prices paid for various marques and models at various sales across the country.”
Read more on this article.