Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 08-06-2023
According to Ann Harkin, “brisk” bidding prevailed around the ring and online at Raphoe Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday, June 8th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that trade was “lively” for all stock on offer at this week’s sale.
Forward cattle changed hands from €2.60/kg to €3.40/kg, while medium weights made from €2.70/kg to €3.60/kg and lighter weights sold from €2.70/kg to €3.80/kg.
AA cattle sold from €2.20/kg to €3/kg, while FR cattle varied from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.
Bulls/Bullocks sold from €2.40/kg to €3.50/kg, while heifers pushed from € 2.50/kg to €3.80/kg and fat cows traded from €810/head to €1920/head.
- Beef bullocks – €945 to €1485 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €455 to €1355 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €800 to €1175 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €425 to €1155 over the weight.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to Ann Harkin, manager at Raphoe Mart, there was continued demand for stock at last week’s cattle sale, with trade “similar to that seen in previous weeks”.
Strong, forward cattle sold from €2.60/kg to €3.20/kg, while medium weights ranged from €2.70/kg to €3.40/kg, and lighter weights changed hands from €2.70/kg to €3.80/kg.
Aberdeen Angus cattle fetched from €2.30/kg to €3/kg, while Friesian cattle went under the hammer from €2/kg to €2.60/kg.
Bulls/Bullocks made from €2.30/kg to €3.40/kg, while heifers fetched from €2.40/kg to €3.80/kg and fat cows ranged from €970/head to €2180/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €1060 to €1685 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €765 to €1005 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €420 to €955 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €875 to €1095 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €305 to €1140 over the weight.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am.
Read more on this mart report on www.thatsfarming.com