Tuam Mart – 14-02-2022
According to Marion Devane, there was a “lively” trade at Tuam Mart’s cattle sale on Monday, February 14th, 2022.
She reported that buyers paid “top” prices for “top quality” stock at its general weekly cattle sale.
Tuam Mart 14-02-2022:
- 305 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €860 (€2.82/kg);
- 415 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1170 (€2.82/kg);
- 445 kg LMX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1250 (€2.81/kg);
- 495 kg LMX by an Oughterard farmer made €1300 (€2.63/kg);
- 485 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1320 (€2.72/kg)
- 525 kg LMX by a Turloughmore farmer made €1320 (€2.51/kg);
- 535 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1400 (€2.62/kg);
- 665 kg CH by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1950 (€2.93/kg);
- 760 kg CH by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €2080 (€2.74/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 645 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1420 (€2.20/kg);
- 595 kg LMX by a Barbersfort farmer made €1440 (€2.42/kg);
- 775 kg CH by an Oughterard farmer made €1830 (€2.36/kg);
- 760 kg AAX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1850 (€2.43/kg);
- 675 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1560 (€2.31/kg).
Devane reported that bullocks were “on fire” at Monday’s sale.
- A group of three 315 kg AAX by a Headford farmer made €810;
- 390 kg AAX by a Belclare farmer made €960 (€2.46/kg);
- 435 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1230 (€2.83/kg);
- 465 kg PTX by a Claremorris farmer made €1150 (€2.47/kg);
- 530 kg LMX by a Bushypark farmer made €1500 (€2.83/kg);
- A group of 6 AAX by a Moylough farmer made €1580 (€2.78/kg);
- A 610 kg CH by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1720 (€2.82/kg);
- His comrade, weighing 775 kg, made €2120 (€2.74/kg).
According to Devane, the mart’s evening weanling sale attracted a “great turn out of top quality animals” “The heifer trade was on fire,” Devane added.
- 330 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1000 (€3.03/kg);
- 240 kg LMX by a Ballinastock farmer made €760 (€3.17/kg);
- 295 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €870 (€2.95/kg);
- 260 kg LMX by a Williamstown farmer made €870 (€3.35/kg);
- 345 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1090 (€3.16/kg);
- 315 kg LMX by a Rosscahill farmer made €940 (€2.98/kg);
- A super 295 kg LMX by a Williamstown farmer made €1020 (€3.46/kg);
- 330 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €950 (€2.88/kg);
- 340 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1010 (€2.97/kg).
Devane reported that a “tremendous” trade prevailed for bulls. bull trade was also recorded at the sale with sample prices including:
- 255 kg LMX by a Knocknagur farmer made €790 (€3.10/kg);
- 340 kg LMX By a Williamstown farmer made €1050 (€3.09/kg);
- 290 kg LMX by a Williamstown farmer made €1030 (€3.55/kg)
- 260 kg SAX by a Currandulla farmer made €760 (€2.92/kg);
- 265 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €810 (€3.06/kg);
- 340 kg BBX by an Irishtown farmer made €1040 (€3.06/kg);
- 345 kg PTX by a Moylough farmer made €1000 (€2.90/kg);
- 250 kg CHX by a Mountbellew farmer made €770 (€3.08/kg);
- 285 kg LMX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €850 (€2.98/kg);
- 260 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €860 (€3.31/kg);
- Comrade weanling 240 kg LMX made €760 (€3.17/kg);
- A super 410 kg LMX weanling by the same farmer made €1200 (€2.93/kg);
- 425 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1180 (€2.78/kg)
- 400 kg CHX by an Oughterard farmer made €1190 (€2.98/kg).
Concluding, Devane said the sheep trade is holding with a good volume of hoggets presented for sale each week, along with a number of in-lamb ewes and culls.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]