Tuam Mart – cattle prices – 13-12-2021
According to Marion Devane, there was a “good show of cattle for the time of year” at Tuam Mart on Monday, December 13th, 2021.
The mart manager reported that “strong demand persists from factory agents”.
She said that many customers were “anxious” to secure good forward type cattle as some marts will close for the festive period.
Tuam Mart 13-12-2021
Cull cow prices:
Devane continued: “Cow prices remained strong with it being uncommon to see prices surpass €2/kg for cows showing a good measure of flesh.”
- 580 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1270 (€2.19/kg);
- 655 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1540 (€2.35/kg);
- 700 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1430 (€2.04/kg);
- 800 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1800 (€2.25/kg);
- 675 kg LMX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1480 (€2.19/kg);
- 875 kg CHX by a Williamstown farmer made €2040 (€2.33/kg).
Devane reported that a “good” heifer trade was also “clear” with strong demand for forward-type continental stores.
- 380 kg LMX by a Williamstown farmer made €1010 (€2.66/kg);
- 425 kg LMX by a Cumme farmer made €1130 (€2.66/kg);
- 445 kg AUX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1070 (€2.44/kg);
- 505 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1230 (€2.44/kg);
- A pair 532 kg CHX by a Dangan farmer made €1360 (€2.56/kg);
- 570 kg LMX by a Tonemoyle farmer made €1340 (€2.35/kg);
- 645 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer mader €1600 (€2.48/kg).
According to the mart manager, a “strong” trade prevailed for bullocks with activity from factory agents for factory-fit stock.
- A pair of 452 CHX by a Castlerea farmer made €1140 (€2.52/kg);
- 525 kg CHX by a Ballaghdereen farmer made €1360 (€2.59/kg);
- 570 kg CHX by a Corrandulla farmer made €1360 (€2.39/kg);
- 635 kg LMX by a Liskeavy farmer made €1560 (€2.46/kg);
- 690 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1680 (€2.43/kg);
- 710 kg CHX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1790 (€2.52/kg.
Devane added that weanlings, despite a number on offer, met with a “lively and strong” demand from farmers.
- A pair of 260 kg LMX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €900 (€3.46/kg);
- 285 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €880 (€3.09/kg);
- 290 kg LMX by a Claretuam farmer made €850 (€2.93/kg);
- 250 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €820 (€3.28/kg);
- 340 kg BBX by a Belclare farmer made €1030 (€3.03/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- Monday, December 20th: Final cattle sale of 2021;
- Tuesday, December 21st: Final sheep sale of 2021.
2022 opening sales:
- January 4th: Sheep
- Both cattle and sheep sales run weekly from January 17th, 2022.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]