Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 12-12-2022
According to Marion Devane, “a crackling Christmas trade” prevailed at Tuam Mart’s cattle sale on Monday, December 12th, 2022.
Prices reached €2,450 in the cull cow ring, while heifers topped at €1,630 and bullocks peaked at €1,920.
The mart manager reported that in the weanling rings, bulls soared to €1,130, while heifers climbed to €1,140.
She commented: Next Monday and Tuesday will be the final sale dates for 2022.”
“Tuam Mart will reopen for sheep sales in 2023 on Tuesday, January 3rd and Monday, January 16th, for cattle sale.”
“In what has been a fantastic year for Tuam Co-Op Mart and our Tuam Mart Store, we would like to take this opportunity to thank both sellers and buyers for their custom in 2022 and look forward to welcoming you all back in 2023,” she concluded.
Tuam Mart 12-12-2022
- 415 kg CHX by a Castlerea farmer made €1480 (€3.57/kg);
- 505 kg BBX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1440 (€2.85/kg);
- 525 kg CHX by a Dangan farmer made €1600 (€3.05/kg);
- 425 kg LM by a Castlerea farmer made €1380 (€3.25/kg);
- A pair 527 kg CHX by a Castlerea farmer made €1570 (€2.98/kg);
- A pair 550 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1560 (€2.84/kg);
- 645 kg LMX by a Moylough farmer made €2010 (€3.12/kg);
- 570 kg CHX by a Dangan farmer made €1760 (€3.09/kg);
- 650 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1920 (€2.95/kg).
- 465 kg LM by a Cummer farmer made €1450 (€3.12/kg);
- 475 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1410 (€2.97/kg);
- 500 kg LMX by a Cloonmore farmer made €1510 (€3.02/kg);
- A pair 505 kg LMX by Kilmore farmer made €1450 (€2.87/kg);
- 525 kg LMX by a Cloonmore farmer made €1560 (€2.97/kg);
- 620 kg Feigh West farmer made €1630 (€2.63/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 605 kg LMX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1940 (€3.21/kg);
- 2 AU 710 kg by a Dunmore farmer made €1930 (€2.72/kg);
- 815 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €2350 (€2.88/kg);
- 665 kg CHX by a Shrule farmer made €2040 (€3.07/kg);
- 795 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €2070 (€2.60/kg);
- 890 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €2430 (€2.73/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 280 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €930 (€3.26/kg);
- 270 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €910 (€3.37/kg);
- 300 kg LMX by a Claremorris made €1000 (€3.33/kg);
- 3 BBX 356 kg by a Roscahill farmer made €1130 (€3.17/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 270 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €750 (€2.78/kg);
- 275 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €920 (€3.35/kg);
- 315 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €1010 (€3.21/kg);
- 360 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €1140 (€3.17/kg).
Read a report from last week’s cattle sale.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].