Raphoe Mart report – cattle prices – 08-07-2021
According to Ann Harkin, demand remained “strong” at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, July 8th, 2021.
“Trade remains high for quality stock and strong forward cattle. Demand for these is very strong with factory agents and feedlot buyers very anxious to purchase.”
“Lighter stock are also a strong trade with quality lots selling up to €2.80/kg and €3/kg. Meanwhile, Friesian cattle were selling from €1.70/kg to €2.15/kg.” the mart manager added.
Raphoe Mart 08-07-2021:
- Bulls/Bullocks sold from €2.10/kg to €2.80/kg
- Heifers made from €2.20/kg to €3/kg
- Fat cows fetched from €600/head to €1460/head
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €715 to €1045 over;
- Beef bullocks – €620 to €775 over;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €825 over;
- Beef heifers – €735 to €1170 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €735 over.
Cattle prices last week:
Strong forward cattle were in high demand with bullocks selling to €1380 over the weight at the mart on Thursday, July 1st, 2021.
Meanwhile, heifers topped out at €1015 over the weight. “Lighter cattle also met a brisk trade with quality lots selling up to and over €3/kg.”
- Bulls/bullocks made from €2.10/kg to €3/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows ranged from €590/head to €2080/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €680 to €935 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €1380 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €405 to €760 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €670 to €1015 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €765 over the weight.
According to Harkin, a large entry of sheep went under the hammer at the Donegal-based mart on Monday, July 5th.
She reported a “srong trade for all stock on offer”.
Spring lamb prices:
- €85 to €100 for 30-35kgs;
- €100 to €115 for 36-40kgs;
- €115 to €125 for 40-42kgs;
- €125 to €140 for 43-50kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €80 to a high €226
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11am
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
You can find more mart reports.