New Range Rover Sport
Landrover has taken the wraps off its new Range Rover Sport, which is “the most desirable, advanced and dynamically capable yet”.
It says that the machine “redefines sporting luxury, effortlessly combining assertive and instinctive on-road performance with trademark Range Rover refinement, progressive design sophistication and connected convenience”.
New Range Rover Sport
According to the company, some of the vehicle’s key features:
- Dynamic luxury: New Range Rover Sport combines dramatic modernity and distinctive character with electrified performance;
- Sophisticated luxury: Interior cocoons the driver with sweeping console and fast-angled dashboard, finished with modern materials including sustainable UltrafabricsTM;
- Modernist philosophy: Reductive design approach elevates Range Rover Sport DNA;
- Distinct proportions: Muscular stance and taut surfaces communicate power and agility;
- Electrifying power: Pure-electric propulsion in 2024, an extended range Electric Hybrid from launch with 510PS, total real-world range of 740km and CO2 emissions from 18g/km1;
- Pioneering suspension: Dynamic Air Suspension introduces switchable volume air springs – a Range Rover first. There are twin-valve active dampers for ultimate agility, control, and composure;
- Smooth and powerful: Six-cylinder 48V mild-hybrid Ingenium petrol and diesel engines, and a new V8 Twin Turbo 530PS V8. They deliver customary Range Rover Sport performance;
- Dynamic master: Stormer Handling Pack combines Dynamic Response Pro, Electronic Active Differential with Torque Vectoring by Braking and Configurable Programmes;
- All-Wheel Steering provides rear-wheel steering of up to 7.3 degrees out of phase with the front wheels. According to the company, this gives New Range Rover Sport the turning circle of a hatchback and on-road agility of a much smaller car.
- Focused refinement: Sculpted seating, Cabin Air Purification Pro, and Meridian Signature Sound. The latest Active Noise Cancellation systems delivers modern sporting luxury;
- Terrain Response®: Award-winning and patented system, now with road-focused Dynamic Mode alongside Configurable Terrain Response, plus innovative new Adaptive Off-Road Cruise Control;
- Seamless technology: 13.1-inch curved touchscreen for award-winning Pivi Pro infotainment with an intuitive 13.7-inch Interactive Driver Display, Software Over the Air, and Amazon Alexa;
- Wireless convenience: New Range Rover Sport is ready to go at a moment’s notice. Features include Wireless Apple CarPlay®, Wireless Android Auto™ and 15W Wireless Device Charger;
- Digital vision: New digital LED headlights featuring adaptive front lighting guarantee high-performance visibility. Meanwhile, new low-speed manoeuvring lights provide ultimate convenience;
- Cabin Air Purification Pro and Active Noise Cancellation.
Sporting and confident character
According to Thierry Bolloré, Chief Executive Officer, Jaguar Land Rover, its newest vehicle “sets new standards” as the ultimate sporting luxury SUV.
Its creation builds on seventeen years of “unique” customer appeal. It is the latest embodiment of its vision to create the “world’s most desirable modern luxury vehicles”.
Prof Gerry McGovern OBE, Chief Creative Officer, Range Rover, said that the vehicle embraces its “modernist approach of vehicle design fully whilst amplifying its unquestionable sporting and confident character”.
Other articles on That’s Farming