“Always on the move – easy, fast and smart” – was the design theme for Toyota’s development team when fine-tuning its newest Yaris Cross.
The all-new model brings together the world-renowned manufacturer’s “rich experience and know-how” in small car and SUV design and engineering.
Toyota has developed the vehicle specifically with European customers in mind, right from the initial concept phase.
Toyota Yaris Cross
It carries forward the “key” qualities of the new generation Yaris hatchback and has the following features:
- Four core model grades: Mid, Mid+, Elegant and Adventure;
- Fourth-generation hybrid electric powertrain;
- Second-generation on Toyota Safety Sense;
- A “genuine, fun-to-drive” character;
- Brisk performance;
- Fuel efficiency;
- Low emissions;
- All-wheel-drive (AWD-i);
- Wireless smartphone connectivity with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay;
- Comes with Toyota’s three-year/60,000 miles new-car warranty;
- Remotely control car: Locking and unlocking, onboard climate controls and hazard lights;
- Nine-inch high-definition touch screen display with embedded SIM card for “constant” connection;
- Maximum full system output of 116 DIN hp/85 kW;
- 4.4-5.0 l/100 km fuel economy and 100-114g/km CO2 emissions (4.7-5.1 l/100km and 106-116 g/km with AWD-i)
- Engine’s maximum power and torque are achieved at lower engine speeds – 92 DIN hp/68 kW at 5,500 rpm and 120 Nm between 3,600 and 4,800 rpm;
- 580 V motor produces 80 DIN hp/59 kW and 141 Nm of torque.
- Lithium-ion hybrid battery: According to Toyota, the 177.6 V unit is able to produce double the amount of energy under braking. It says it can supply 50% more power when accelerating compared to the nickel-metal hydride battery featured in the previous generation Yaris Hybrid;
- According to Toyota, “zero-emissions driving is possible at speeds at up to 130 km/h”.
- Also available with a 1.5-litre petrol engine – matched to a CVT or six-speed manual gearbox. Three-cylinder unit produces a maximum 125 DIN hp/92 kW at 6,600 rpm and maximum torque of 153 Nm between 4,800 and 5,000 rpm.
- Price: According to Toyota, prices start at €31,340 for a 1.5 hybrid (116hp) automatic (e-CVT) Hybrid Electric Yaris Cross.
- Detect common accident risks, provide warning and initiate measures to prevent an impact or lessen the consequence if a collision is unavoidable – emergency steering assistance;
- Additional features: Centre airbags, Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert with automatic braking;
- Pre-Collision System (PCS) with vehicle detection, day/night pedestrian detection, daytime cyclist detection, Intersection Turn Assistance and Emergency Steering Assist;
- Full-range Adaptive Cruise Control;
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA) and Lane Trace Assist (LTA);
- Road Sign Assist (RSA);
- Automatic High Beam (AHB);
- eCall system: Automatically alert the emergency services and provide the vehicle’s location when the airbags deploy;
Other articles on That’s Farming: