Buyers will be permitted to return to the ringside at livestock marts next week.
The change comes as the country exits Level 5 with a move to Level 3 with modifications from next Tuesday (December 1st).
The adjustments are similar to restrictions on mart operations that were in place in June and before the country entered a second lockdown.
Level 3 in marts
2-metre social distancing must be enforced at marts, in addition to a range of detailed measures relating to staff, visitors and structures. Both staff and customers must wear face-coverings whilst on the premises.
Buyers can view stock in pens without prior appointment, subject to a minimum social distance of 2 metres.
Mart managers are required to submit a revised Covid-19 Level 3 standard operating procedure (SOP) to their Regional Veterinary Office.
Measures in place from December 1st:
- You should not mix with any other households outside of those within your social bubble;
- Up to 25 guests can attend wedding ceremony and reception;
- Maximum of 25 mourners at funerals;
- No organised indoor gatherings should take places – Gatherings of 15 people may take place outdoors;
- Non-contact training only outdoors in pods of up to 15 – No exercise or dance classes permitted;
- Non-essential retail and personal services may re-open;
- Gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools may re-open – individual training only;
- People should continue to work from home unless absolutely necessary to attend in person;
- Nightclubs, discos, and casinos should remain closed – hotels, guesthouses, B&Bs may open with services limited to residents only;
- Public transport capacity is limited to 50%;
- People should stay within their country apart from work, education or other essential purposes;
- Households should not mic with a ny other households outside those within their social bubble;
- Museums, galleries, libraries and cinemas to re-open;
- Places of worship to re-open for services with restrictive measures, subject to review in January;
- Wet pubs to remain closed, except for takeaway/ delivery
From December 4th:
- Restaurants and pubs operating as restaurants (serving a substantial meal may re-open for indoor dining with additional restrictions (including requirement for meals to be prepared on-site, inside the premises) This includes access for non-residents to restaurants in hotels;
- Higher, further, and adult education should remain primarily online.
From December 18th to January 6th:
- Households can mix with up to two other households;
- Travel outside your county to be permitted;
- Lastly, fom January 7th, the measures implemented from December 1st will apply, subject to ongoing review of the trajectory of Covid.