Raphoe Mart held its first online-only cattle sale under Level 5 Covid-19 restrictions on Thursday (October 22nd).
Speaking following the general cattle sale, Ann Harkin, mart manager, said: “Firstly, I would like to thank all the sellers and buyers for their support, co-operation, patience and understanding in adhering to the new guidelines which contributed to the smooth running of today’s first fully online sale and also thanks is extended to our staff and auctioneer.”
“These are difficult times we find ourselves in. Stay safe and thank you all again.”
A good entry of cattle was on offer with quality in-spec stock the most sought after, according to Harkin.
- Bullocks made from €1.90/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Bulls sold from €1.70/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €1.90/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Fat cows climbed from €500/head to €1650/head.
- Beef bullocks over 600kgs – €595 to €675 over;
- Store bullocks – €300 to €735 over;
- Beef heifers – €545 to €795 over;
- Store heifers – €300 to €565 over.