A two-storey house “brimming with country charm” has been introduced to the market by joint selling agents, JP & M Doyle and Raymond Potterson & Co.
Edermin House, Edermine, Co. Cavan, with a guide price of €900,000, is for sale by private treaty in the following lots:
- Lot 1: Residence on c. 39-acres;
- Lot 2: Mature forestry plantation on c. 32-acres;
- Lot 3: Entire Property Residence on c. 71-acres.
Laid out in hall, kitchen, utility, dining room, sitting room, guest wc, three bedrooms and bathroom with attractive lofted stone outhouses and an extensive farmyard, the overall property stands on circa 71-acres.
Situated just outside Cavan Town and opposite County Cavan Golf Club, this residence gives access to both the R198 & Swellan Road.
Perfectly positioned for “ease and comfort”, the property is located within walking distance of all local amenities and services including excellent primary and secondary schools, supermarkets, pubs, restaurants, sports facilities, health centre, library, and gyms.
Cavan is located approximately 90 minutes from Dublin or Belfast, the selling agent noted.
Retains original features
“Approached by a long driveway and set amidst mature landscaped gardens, this property gives a grandiose impression from the moment you move through the tree-lined front entrance.”
“Built in c.1860 Edermin House retains the incredible stone and brickwork of the period, preserved through its status as a listed building.”
The lands themselves are laid out with c. 40-acres in grass and the remainder planted in forestry and mature woodland.
The property adjoins residential developments to the south and offers a “substantial” land bank on the edge of Cavan Town.
- Kitchen c. 3.8m x 3.7m fully fitted & Rayburn cooker;
- Rear hall;
- Utility c. 4.4m x 1.5m fully fitted;
- Pantry c. 3.2m x 1.5m fully fitted;
- Bathroom 1 c. 1.9m x 1.2m wc, shower, whb;
- Dining room c. 3.9m x 2.7m feature fireplace;
- First floor: Landing c. 5.2m x 1.8m;
- Bathroom 2 c. 4.1m x 2.00m bath, wc, whb, shower;
- Bedroom 1 c. 3.90m x 2.90m built-in wardrobes;
- Bedroom 2 c. 3.60m x 2.90m;
- Bedroom 3 c. 4.40m x 3.20m.
There is a lofted stone cowhouse and barn, pump house, and store, with lawned gardens adorned by trees, including a large monkey puzzle tree.
- Cow barn;
- Four-bay shed.