A 550-cow grass-based spring-calving dairy farm is seeking an assistant farm manager.
The farm is located 10 minutes from Kilkenny city. Excellent farm facilities including 60-point rotary, auto-drafter, cubicles, group calving shed and excellent grazing infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be expected to take responsibility for specific aspects of farm management.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent stockperson – he/she will be experienced in all aspects of animal health (identification and treatment of mastitis, lameness, etc), calving, breeding and milk quality;
- Be comfortable calving cows & capable of supervising calving;
- Assist the manager in overall management of dairy operation;
- Implement the grazing plan;
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as a part of a team;
- Take pride in their work environment – we value a clean and tidy farm.
In return the farm offers:
- A well-staffed farm with excellent facilities in a great location;
- An attractive roster with regular time off;
- A high level of responsibility and autonomy, and varied work;
- Upskilling opportunities;
- An opportunity to work as part of a young and progressive team;
- A good salary that reflects the level of responsibility associated with the role.
For more information please phone 0879982455 or send your cover letter and CV to – email@example.com
The start date is late November/early December.