A smaller entry, consisting of some 600 lots, went under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart on Thursday (November 12th).
That is according to George Candler, the mart’s auctioneer, who reported a “good solid trade all round”.
“Once again, beef bullocks and heifers were in short supply, but quality forward stores peaked at €2.50/kg in the bullock ring, with heifers to €2.45/kg.”
- 600kgs – €1.70-€2.36/kg or €1,020-€1,510/head;
- 500-600kgs – €1.60-€2.40/kg or €790-€1,350/head;
- 400-500kgs – €1.50-€2.50/kg or €650-€1,195/head;
- <400kgs – €1.80-€2.35/kg or €660-€890/head.
- Friesians – €0.85-€1.35/kg;
- Continentals – €1.15-€1.80/kg.
- Beef-types – €1.85-€2.30/kg or €1,050-€1,440/head;
- Forward stores – €1.80-€2.40/kg or €900-€1,160/head;
- Light stores – €1.60-€2.20/kg or €500-€810/head.