Some farmers have started doing things they have never done before since Covid-19 restrictions were imposed.
Here is a list (with a humourous spin) of some of the stranger tendencies we have seen farmers adopt during the current pandemic:
- Drinking an unhealthy amount of milk from the tank every day in preparation for a possible disruption in milk collection;
- Planting vegetables that they wouldn’t even eat on a normal day, just in case…;
- Spreading slurry dangerously close to holiday homes;
- Doing the accounts before they are due (We are just as shocked as you are);
- Buying smaller quantities of inputs each time they go to the co-op, just as an excuse to get out of the yard more often;
- Complaining that there are too many hours in a day (one for the history books);
- Replaying recordings of an auctioneer in action to battle the mart withdrawals;
- Disinfecting the dog when he comes home from the neighbours.
If you want to see a list of distinguishing features of a group of people, email [email protected]