Herdwatch have recently launched a brand-new version of their software, called the Herdwatch Next Generation app.
The Tipperary-based farm management software company pulled in a live viewership number of 500 for their online launch event last Thursday, June 4th.
The launch featured Herdwatch user and former professional rugby star Rory Best, who discussed life on the farm after a long and successful career as a professional sportsperson as well as a few stories from his career for the large audience.
Rory farms a pedigree herd of Aberdeen Angus cattle alongside his father in Co. Down and, even throughout his sporting career, has always been responsible for the paperwork on the farm.
Commenting on the new software from Herdwatch, Best said: “We’ve been using the Herdwatch NextGen app for a while, and it’s made life much easier on-farm so I would encourage people to download it and give it a go, you will not be disappointed.”
The ‘NextGen’ app has been 2 years in the making and developed in close co-operation with many of their 12,500 farmer users in Ireland and the U.K. Testing of the new app began back in December 2019 and Herdwatch has said that the feedback has been very positive.
The company has invested over €1 million in research and development to develop the new software and has been backed by both FRS Farm Relief Services and Enterprise Ireland.
The launch was also backed by Pat Breen, Minister of State for Trade, Employment & Business who said: “Having been on a number of trade missions with Herdwatch, I know first-hand how hard they have worked to create an award-winning solution to help save farmers time and money. I am delighted to welcome the launch of their brand-new Next Generation app, which improves an already incredible product”.
Fabien Peyaud, Herdwatch CEO, commented: “Our mission is to help farmers grow their farm income by empowering them to make informed decisions instantly, and increase farm profitability and efficiency by digitalising and simplifying farm management & compliance. This NextGen app is very much in line with our mission, as well as our FRS pedigree of putting farmers first, always”.
Key features of the new software includes:
- New home-screen to allow even faster access to your Herd, Reports & Watchboard;
- No waiting around, the app opens instantly and reports run straight away;
- Quicker workflow management using the Orange Plus Button and new Action Drawer to instantly create any record;
- New smartlists & advanced filters to allow you to find your animals by animal type, breed, purpose, etc and make better decisions by viewing all the information;
- Record weights quicker by recording weights for groups of animals all at once, you can also filter your animals between different weight ranges to identify your best performers;
- Advanced settings for beef finishers to allow you customise the watchboard alerts to your system;
- Effortless breeding management with faster entry of pregnancy scans and the ability to customise the app for the breeding programme on your farm;
- Sprays and pesticides recording now available in GB & NI;
- Updated menu to allow easier access to your settings, contacts or to switch herd.
According to the Tipperary-based company, the key benefits are:
- The new Herdwatch NextGen app is leaner, meaner & faster than any other app;
- New from the ground up, the best and most popular farm management solution is now even better;
- Easier to use while still familiar for existing members to save you more time;
- With performance at its core, the app runs at lightspeed, so there’s no waiting around;
- Lots of new features within sprays, breeding, weights, smartlists, reports and lots more on the way;
- Built with farmers, for farmers with years of learning and experience from our 12,500+ members.
The new app can be downloaded and trialled for free. For those that already have Herdwatch, you can upgrade to the NextGen app for free.
For more information, click here.