Tuesday, February 18th saw some 350 calves go under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart, according to George Candler.
“A good number of exporters operating with the lesser-type Friesian bull calf from €20-€80/head with the stronger to €150 to a top of €265. Heifer calves were in short supply.” the auctioneer explained.
- First-rate Friesian bulls – €100-€265/head;
- Second-rate Friesian bulls – €10-€80/head;
- Continental bulls – €170-€440/head;
- Continental heifers – €100-€350/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/Hereford bulls – €90-€350/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/Hereford heifers – €70-€200/head.