Sheep farming is an industry that often splits opinion and, as the saying goes, – ‘you either love them or hate them.’
For those that do love sheep, there are a few key traits that are inevitably picked up from their time spent in the job.
Here are some key features that you may notice in a sheep farmer:
- You’re the fittest farmer in the area, from running after them when they break out;
- Your first language is whistling rather than English, from all the time spent with the dog;
- You dish out pet lambs as Christmas and birthday presents;
- Your fencing is so good that even you can’t leave the farm;
- You spend more time with your dog than your family;
- You can never rest easy, whether it be lambing, foxes or broken fences;
- You have taken up knitting as a solution to recent wool prices;
- Counting sheep keeps you up rather than making you fall asleep.