Emerald Isle Beef Producers (EIBP) has created a number of deals for weanlings and stores destined for export.
The beef producer organisation has outlined requirements including type, breed, age, conformation and proposed price under each of its twelve categories.
- Category 1 – Breed: Belgian Blue; conformation: E grades; type: bulls or heifers; age: U14 months; price: €3.00/kg for “right stock”;
- Category 2 – Breed: Limousin (Must be red in colour); conformation: U grades; type: bulls or heifers; age: U14 months; price: €2.50/kg for “right stock”;
- Category 3 – Breeds; Ch and LM (red or black) and other continental breeds; conformation: U; Type: bulls; age: U14 months. price: “Depends on quality at inspection”.
- Category 4 – Breeds; CH, LM, BB; conformation: U+ and better; type: bulls; age: born in 2019; price range: €2.40-€2.70/kg – depending on quality;
- Category 5 – Breeds: CH, LM, BB; conformation: U and R; weight: 350-450kg; type; bulls; age: born in 2019; price: €2.00-€2.50/kg – depending on quality and weight;
- Category 6 – Breeds; CH, LM, BB and some AA and HE closer to the departure of ship; conformation: O+, R; Type: bulls; Weight: 200- 330 kg; age: Born in 2019; price: €2.20 – €2.50/kg – depending on quality;
- Category 7 – Breed; LM, CH, BB; type: bulls; conformation: E, U+; weight: 340-410kg; Age: born 2019; Price: on inspection;
- Category 8 – Breed: LM, BB, CH; Type: bulls; conformation; U, R; weight: 350-440kg; Age: born 2019; Price: on inspection;
- Category 9 – Breed; AA; type: bulls; conformation; U, R, O; weight: 330-400 kg; Age: born 2019; Price: on inspection;
- Category 10 – Breed: AA; type; heifers; conformation: U, R, O; weight: 330- 400 kgs; age: born 2019; price: on inspection;
- Category 11 – Breed: FR; type: bulls; conformation; R, O; weight: 200-300kg; age: any; price: €1.40-€1.50/kg – depending on quality.
- Category 12 – Breed: continentals; HE, AA, some FRs; type; 16-24-month bulls, heavy steers; conformation; E, U, R; Age: to follow; weight; 550- 1000kg; price: cattle priced on quality. Cattle must be factory-fit.
The PO outlined that those with interested in supplying cattle must send their details and a short video of their livestock – contact details can be found on its Facebook page.