A “prime” circa 34-acre stud farm with private accommodation has been introduced to the market with a price guide of €600,000.
The sale of the property at Carroweighter, Donamon, Co. Roscommon is being handled by Oates Auctioneers LTD.
The property on the famed Hill of Oran is located 30 minutes from Athlone, 30 minutes from Longford, 60 minutes from Galway 90 minutes from Dublin, according to the selling agent.
Residential accommodation comprises a 3-bedroom farmhouse with a G BER rating.
“This property offers excellent quality limestone lands set out in 11 grass paddocks and 2 all-weather paddocks, 6-adult horse walker, together with 20 boxes and all ancillary facilities.” the property firm explained.
“This is a rare opportunity to acquire a state-of-the-art equine property which has been carefully developed by its present owners.” the selling agent added.
Accommodation consist of:
- Entrance 8 ft X 8 ft tiled floor;
- Kitchen/dining room 30 ft X 16 ft fully fitted kitchen; Solid fuel stove. timber ceiling;
- Study 15 ft X 12 ft carpet flooring;
- Bathroom (Downstairs) 7 ft X 6 ft tiled floor and walls. 3 piece suite with power shower.;
- Bedroom 1 (downstairs) 16 ft X 12 ft carpet flooring and fully tiled en-suite off;
- Bedroom 2 (Upstairs) 15 ft X 13 ft carpet flooring;
- Bedroom 3 (Upstairs) 13 ft X 10 ft carpet flooring;
- Bathroom (Upstairs) 11 ft X 7 ft Tiled floor and walls;
- 3-piece suite with electric shower.
- 11 grass paddocks;
- 2 all-weather paddocks;
- Internal roadways stud railing;
- 6 -adult horse walker;
- Lunging ring;
- 30 X 15 office/storage shed;
- 8 mare and foal boxes;
- 8 foaling boxes;
- 4 stables;
- Feed/tack room;
- Veterinary stocks;
- 60 sq. meter muck heap;
- 64 ft. – 4 bay storage/hay shed;
- Large hardcore turning bay;
- Private well.
Roscommon Town has many amenities including all major supermarket chains, hotels, railway station, Roscommon racecourse, Roscommon hunt, coffee shops, bars, restaurants, shops, cinema, library, arts centre, leisure centre and 18-hole golf course.
The town boasts historical castle and abbey ruins, the old jail and nearby Mote Park, a forest area for outdoor activities including hiking, walking, jogging, wildlife and bird watching. Roscommon town is 15 minutes’ drive from the River Shannon for water pursuits including kayaking, boating and fishing.
For further information, click here.
Image source: Oates Auctioneers LTD / Website