The Irish Hereford Breed Society and Irish Hereford Prime have developed a photography tutorial video with professional photographer, Jeff Harvey, as part of its 2020 Hereford Photo Competition.
As reported by us here, the competition carries a prize fund in excess of €2,000, respectively.
Here are some tips provided by Harvey in the video:
- Does the picture need to be taken at all?
- Have I got the right angle? – Go as low as the grass as you are not used to seeing things from this angle;
- Bum to the sun – You will have light going with you when you take the photo;
- Follow the rule of thirds – This is a type of composition where an image is divided evenly into thirds which helps to make a photo more pleasing to look at;
- Lead-in lines – This is another technique of composition where the viewer of the photos attention is drawn to lines that lead.
Main image and video source: Irish Hereford Prime / Youtube