Heifers weighing 480kgs+ with potential for breeding met with a strong trade at Ballymote Mart on Thursday (November 12th).
That is according to a spokesperson who reported a “steady” demand for all types at its general cattle sale.
- Under 500 kgs made from €380-€630 over;
- 500-600 kg sold from €420-€730 over;
- Heavier lots climbed to €860 over.
- Under 500 kg fetched from €350-€735 over;
- 500-600 kg went under the hammer from €450-€820 over;
- Heavier lots topped out at €700 over.
- Stores pushed from €100-€300 over;
- Heavier lots varied from €310-€560 over.
Friday’s weanling sale saw a “stronger trade all-around” for lots on offer.
- Weanling bulls under 300 kg ranged from €320-€600 over;
- Heavier lots ranged from €340-€600 over;
- Under 300 kgs sold from €260-€885 over;
- kg @ 1150 or 4.34 per kg……LMx 275 kg @ 910…LMx 280 kg @ 880…
- Heavier lots realised €610 over.