Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 29-05-2023
According to Marion Devane, manager of Tuam Mart, Monday, May 29th, 2023, saw a “powerful” cattle trade.
At the general cattle sale, cull cows maxed out at €2,250, while heifers hit €2,160, bullocks fetched up to €1,780, weanling bulls made up to €1,310 and weanling heifers climbed to €1,290.
- 745kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2160 (€2.90/kg);
- 500kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1690 (€3.38/kg);
- 360kg HEX by a Moylough farmer made €1010 (€2.80/kg);
- 505kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1550 (€3.07/kg);
- 495kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1560 (€3.15/kg);
- 430kg CHX by a Mountbellew farmer made €1290 (€3.00/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 755kg SIX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1980 (€2.62/kg);
- 765kg AAX by a Tuam farmer made €2090 (€2.73/kg);
- 640kg LMX by a Claregalway farmer made €1830 (€2.86/kg);
- 735kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €2000 (€2.72/kg);
- 805kg BBX by a Tuam farmer made €2250 (€2.80/kg);
- 640kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1870 (€2.92/kg).
- 480kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1630 (€3.40/kg);
- 490kg AAX by a Claremorris farmer made €1500 (€3.06/kg);
- 435kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1350 (€3.10/kg);
- 505kg LM by a Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1720 (€3.41/kg);
- 565kg BBX by a Brierfield farmer made €1780 (€3.15/kg);
- 375kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1200 (€3.20/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 310kg AAX by a Garrafrauns farmer made €970 (€3.13/kg);
- 416kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1290 (€3.10/kg);
- 346kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1120 (€3.24/kg);
- 300kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1110 (€3.70/kg);
- 350kg CHX Belclare by a farmer made €1150 (€3.29/kg);
- 355kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1110 (€3.13/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 325kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1050 (€3.23/kg);
- 295kg LMX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €890 (€3.02/kg);
- 205kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €600 (€2.93/kg);
- 330kg BBX by a Woodlawn farmer made €1050 (€3.18/kg) ;
- 355kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1310 (€3.69/kg);
- 320kg CHX by a Woodlawn farmer made €1050 (€3.28/kg).
Read more on the previous week’s mart report.
The mart is now taking bookings for next week’s Bank Holiday Monday cattle sale on June 5th, 2023, and all upcoming sales – Bookings & enquiries on: 093-24353.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.