Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 15-05-2023
According to Marion Devane, a “firm” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on Monday, May 15th, 2023, writes farming journalist, Catherina Cunnane.
The mart manager reported that cull cows peaked at €2,380, while heifers maxed out at €1,560, bullocks topped at €2,510 and weanling bulls made up to €1,460.
Tuam Mart on 15-05-2023
Cull cow prices:
- 705 kg LMX by a Cloonmore farmer made €1980 (€2.81/kg);
- 830 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2380 (€2.87/kg);
- 630 kg LMX by a Moylough farmer made €1700 (€2.70/kg);
- 720 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1920 (€2.67/kg);
- 750 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €2200 (€2.93/kg);
- 785 kg BAX by a Cummer farmer made €2200 (€2.80/kg).
- A pair 397 LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1520 (€3.83/kg);
- 385 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1360 (€3.53/kg);
- 395 kg CHX by a Garrafrauns farmer made €1270 (€3.22/kg);
- 415 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1360 (€3.28/kg);
- 520 kg CHX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1630 (€3.13/kg);
- 535 kg CHX by a Shrule farmer made €1700 (€3.18/kg);
- 575 kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €1770 (€3.08/kg);
- 705 kg AAX by a Shrule farmer made €2340 (€3.32/kg);
- 775 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2510 (€3.24/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 265 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €940 (€3.55/kg);
- 325 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1130 (€3.48/kg);
- 335 kg SI by a Dunmore farmer made €1090 (€3.25/kg);
- 365 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €940 (€3.55/kg);
- 380 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1300 (€3.42/kg);
- 390 kg CHX by a Togher farmer made €1300 (€3.33/kg);
- 460 kg LMX by a Moyne farmer made €1460 (€3.17/kg).
- A pair 310 kg by a Cummer farmer made €1100 (€3.55/kg);
- 380 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1160 (€3.05/kg);
- 355 kg BBX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1200 (€3.43/kg);
- 380 kg CHX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1420 (€3.74/kg);
- 400 kg LMX by a Claregalway farmer made €1260 (€3.16/kg);
- 520 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1550 (€2.98/kg);
- 525 kg CHX by a Turloughmore farmer made €1560 (€2.97/kg).
The mart is now taking bookings for next week’s cattle sale on Monday, May 22nd, 2023, and all upcoming sales, including its Bank Holiday Monday sale on June 5th, 2023.
Last week’s cattle sale
Read a report from last week’s cattle sale at Tuam Mart.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.