Tuam Mart 28-09-2021 – sheep prices
The mart manager reported a “brisk” trade for lambs at its weekly sheep sale.
She reported that “grass growth is driving farmers to the market to purchase store lambs to utilise the surplus supply of grass”.
Tuam Mart 28-09-2021:
- 32 kg lambs by a Ballyhaunis farmer made €96 (3.00/kg);
- 39 kg lambs by a Claremorris farmer made €117 (€3.00/kg);
- 8 kg lambs by a Milltown farmer made €124 (€2.71/kg);
- 47 kg lambs by a Tuam farmer made €125 (€2.66/kg);
- 50 kg lambs by a Ballyglunin farmer made €140 (€2.80/kg).
Ewe lamb prices:
- 52 kg lambs by a Gallagh farmer made €1.33 (€2.56/kg);
- 48.5 kg lambs by a Tuam farmer made €137 (€2.82/kg);
- 50.5 kg lambs by a Kilconly farmer made €142 (€2.81/kg);
- 48 kg lambs by a Headford farmer made €146 (€3.04/kg);
- 51.5 kg lambs by an Athlone farmer topped the table at (€150 (€2.91/kg).
A noticeable change in hogget trade in the past week with prices at least €30/head in places.
- Brownsgrove farmer’s lots made €202;
- Dunmore farmer’s entries sold for €200;
- Hollymount farmer’s hoggets fetched €200;
- Tuam farmer’s hoggets clumbed to €170.
Tuam Mart 28-09-2021: Breeding and cull ewes
A smaller number of breeding ewes were on offer and prices ranged from €90 to €148.
A “good” number of cull ewes were on offer and prices varied from €42 to €168.
- €168 for 102 kg ewes;
- €144 for 89 kg ewes;
- €90 for 71.5 kg ewes.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- October 11th; Next Limousin evening weanling sale. A special ICBF 4/5-star heifer sale in conjunction with the general sale.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]