Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 27-03-2023
According to Marion Devane, a “startling” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart’s general weekly cattle sale on Monday, March 27th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that “while heavy cattle and store prices prevailed, the weanling trade appeared to be on fire”.
At the mart’s most recent sale, cull cows topped out at €2,280, while bullocks peaked at €2,040, heifers soared to €2,240, weanling bulls climbed to €1,570, and weanling heifers made up to €1,430.
- 465 kg CH by a Cummer farmer made €1440 (€3.10/kg);
- 485 kg LMX by a Monivea farmer made €1470 (€3.03/kg);
- 480 kg AAX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1500 (€3.13/kg);
- 505 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1500 (€2.97/kg);
- 520 kg CH by a Cummer farmer made €1620 (€3.12/kg);
- A pair 595 kg LMX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1810 (€3.04/kg);
- 605 kg CHX by a Kilgeverin farmer made €1870 (€3.09/kg);
- 630 kg AAX by an Annagh Hill farmer made €1980 (€3.14/kg);
- 730 kg LMX by a Kilgeverin farmer made €2240 (€3.07/kg).
- A pair 427 kg HEX by a Mountbellew farmer made €1330 (€3.11/kg);
- 455 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1470 (€3.23/kg);
- A pair 487 kg AAX by a Moylough farmer made €1480 (€3.04/kg);
- 510 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1610 (€3.16/kg);
- 550 kg LMX by a Claregalway farmer made €1760 (€3.20/kg);
- 570 kg SIX by a Milltown farmer made €1830 (€3.21/kg);
- A pair 580 kg CHX by a Foxhall farmer made €1940 (€3.34/kg);
- 600 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1860 (€3.10/kg);
- 645 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €2010 (€3.12/kg);
- 655 kg CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €2040 (€3.11/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 810 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €2280 (€2.81/kg);
- 590 kg CHX by a Brooklawn farmer made €1680 (€2.85/kg);
- 550 kg BBX by a Cloonaglasha farmer made €1580 (€2.87/kg);
- 810 kg AAX by a Ballymoney farmer made €2240 (€2.77/kg);
- 635 kg SAX by a Knockatee farmer made €1770 (€2.79/kg);
- 710 kg CHX by a Knockatee farmer made €2080 (€2.93/kg);
- 745 kg LXM by a Cloghanshill farmer made €2190 (€2.94/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 285 kg BAX by a Bellharbour farmer made €1110 (€3.89/kg);
- 285 kg LMX by a Lissaleen farmer made €1020 (€3.58/kg);
- 305 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1170 (€3.84/kg);
- 330 kg LMX by a Rusheens farmer made €1260 (€3.82/kg);
- 340 kg LMX by a Claregalway farmer made €1280 (€3.76/kg);
- 350 kg BBX by a Shrule farmer made €1250 (€3.57/kg);
- 360 kg LMX by a Rusheens farmer made €1430 (€3.97/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 285 kg LMX by a Lissaleen farmer made €1090 (€3.82/kg);
- 250 kg BBX by a Lissaleen farmer made €1060 (€4.24/kg);
- A pair 335 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1460 (€4.11/kg);
- 360 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1570 (€3.78/kg);
- Three 380 LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1360 (€3.58/kg);
- 415 kg LMX by a Clough farmer made €1570 (€3.78/kg);
- 455 kg CH by an Oughterard farmer made €1500 (€3.30/kg).
Bookings have commenced for the mart’s April (10th) Bank Holiday Cattle Sale and its next evening weanling sale, which will take place on the 17th of April – Bookings & Enquiries 093-24353.
Last week’s cattle prices
Here is a link to the mart report from last week.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].