Tuam Mart Report – Cattle Prices – 27-02-2023
According to Marion Devane, prices soared to €2,750 in the cull cow ring, €1,820 in the heifer ring and €2,260 in the bullock category at Tuam Mart’s latest general cattle sale on Monday, February 27th, 2023.
Cull cow prices:
- 785 kg LMX by a Woodfield farmer made €2210 (€2.82/kg);
- A pair 672 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1920 (€2.86/kg);
- 690 kg CH by a Belclare farmer made €1930 (€2.80/kg);
- 910 kg LMX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €2750 (€3.02/kg);
- 855 kg LMX by a Moyne farmer made €2530 (€2.96/kg);
- 780 kg AAX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €2340 (€3.00/kg);
- 755 kg LMX by a Moyne farmer made €2390 (€3.17/kg).
- 460 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1480 (€3.22/kg);
- 4 AAX 466 kg by a Barbersfort farmer made €1400 (€3.00/kg);
- 530 kg SIX by a Lavally farmer made €1620 (€3.06/kg);
- 535 kg CHX by a Irishtown farmer made €1760 (€3.29/kg);
- A pair 567 kg LMX by a Carnane farmer made €1790 (€ 3.16/kg);
- 565 kg CHX by a Gurteen farmer made €1790 (€3.17/kg);
- 660 kg AAX by an Ardour farmer made €2120 (€3.21/kg);
- 720 kg AAX by an Annagh Hill farmer made €2260 (€3.14/kg);
- 645 kg LMX by a Feigh West farmer made €2000 (€3.10/kg).
- 390 kg LMX by a Kilconly farmer made €1100 (€2.82/kg);
- 420 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1240 (€2.95/kg);
- 412 kg LM by a Carnane farmer made €1180 (€2.86/kg);
- 455 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer mad €1370 (€3.01/kg);
- 510 kg LMX by a Dunmoe farmer made €1550 (€3.04/kg);
- 545 kg CH by a Gurteen farmer made €1820 (€3.34/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 385 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1310 (€3.40/kg);
- 340 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1190 (€3.50/kg);
- 390 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1470 (€3.77/kg);
- 355 kg BBX by a Lissaleen farmer made €1200 (€3.38/kg);
- 380 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1280 (€3.37/kg);
- A pair CHX/LMX 392 by a Headford farmer made €1310 (€3.34/kg);
- A pair 275 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €930 (€3.38/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 355kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €1100 (€3.10/kg);
- 365 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1170 (€3.21/kg);
- 310 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1150 (€3.71/kg);
- 385 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1300 (€3.38/kg);
- 270 kg LMX by a Claretuam farmer made €940 (€3.48/kg);
- 280 kg CHX by a Togher farmer made €1050 (€3.75/kg).
The mart will host its spring cattle show and sale on Monday, March 6th, 2023 at 11 a m with 2 rings in operation.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].