Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 25-07-2022
Marion Devane reported that “a small but fruitful selection of cattle” came under the hammer at Tuam Mart on Monday, July 25th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that cull cows soared to €1,970, while heifers hit €1,690 and bullocks topped out at €2,200 at its most recent sale.
Tuam Mart 25-07-2022:
- 375 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €960 (€2.56/kg);
- 480 kg CHX by a Kilgevrin farmer made €1260 (€2.63/kg);
- 610 kg AAX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1690 (€2.77/kg).
- 455 kg CHX by a Barnaderg €1040 (€2.29/kg);
- 495 kg AAX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1220 (€2.46/kg);
- A pair 650 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1990 (€2.71/kg);
- 700 kg CHX by a Bodane farmer made €1900 (€2.71/kg);
- 735 kg CHX by a Bodane farmer made €2100 (€2.86/kg);
- 775 kg BAX by a Bodane farmer made €2200 (€2.84/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 700 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1780 (€2.54/kg);
- 740 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1880 (€2.54/kg);
- 660 kg LMX by a Kilgevrin farmer made €1800 (€2.73/kg);
- 745 kg CH by a Cummer farmer made €1970 (€2.64/kg);
- 640 kg LM by a Milltown farmer made €1790 (€2.80/kg).
Last week’s cattle prices
According to Marion Devane, a “lively and vibrant” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart on Monday, July 8th, 2022 (18-07-2022).
The mart manager reported that cull cows reached €1,960, while heifers topped out at €2,010 and bullocks peaked at €1,960. Read a report in full.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
No sale next week on Monday, August 1st, 2022. Cattle Sale resumes the following week Monday, August 8th and the Annual Sheep Show and Sale on August 16th, 2022.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].