Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 23-05-2022
Purchasers paid what Marion Devane described as “table-topping cattle prices” at Tuam Mart’s most recent sale on Monday, May 23rd, 2022.
The manager of the Galway based mart noted that a short supply of cattle led to “soaring” prices, with cull cows to €2,430, heifers to €2,150 and bullocks to €1,910.
Tuam Mart 23-05-2022
- 320 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1120 (€3.50/kg);
- A pair LMX 377 kg by a Kilcloghans farmer made €1140 (€3.02/kg);
- 395 kg LMX by a Kilcloghans farmer made €1220 (€3.09/kg);
- 400 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1280 (€3.20/kg);
- 460 kg LMX by a Castleblakney farmer made €1450 (€3.15/kg);
- 495 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1600 (€3.23/kg);
- 555 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €1680 (€3.03/kg);
- 645 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €2150 (€3.33/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 710 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1870 (€2.63/kg);
- 775 kg AAX by a Feigh West farmer made €2150 (€2.77/kg);
- 675 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1850 (€2.75/kg);
- 615kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1950 (€3.17/kg);
- 635 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1920 (€3.02/kg);
- 785 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €2430 (€3.10/kg).
- 410 kg LMX by a Togher farmer made €1300 (€3.17/kg);
- 445 kg AAX by a Moylough farmer made €1270 (€2.85/kg);
- 460 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1490 (€3.24/kg);
- 530 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1690 (€3.19/kg);
- 560 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1910 (€2.92/kg);
- 655 CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1910 (€2.92/kg).
Last week’s cattle sales:
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Monday, May 30th: Special fat cow sale;
- Monday, June 6th: Special Beef Bonanza sale.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].