Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 23-01-2023
A “demand-driving trade” is how Marion Devane summed up Tuam Mart’s latest cattle sale on Monday, January 23rd, 2023.
The mart manager reported that prices soared to €2,260 in the cull cow ring, heifers peaked at €1,920, and bullocks soared to €2,020 at its most recent general cattle sale.
“A superb trade across the board at Tuam Mart on Monday, January 23rd. Buyers were eager to secure quality stores and heavy cattle.”
“Next week will see our opening evening weanling sale of 2023 (Monday, January 30th) kick-off at 5:30 p.m. after our morning sale, which takes place at 11 a.m.”
Tuam Mart 23-01-2023
Cull cow prices:
- 710 kg BBX by a Clogherboy farmer made €2110 (€2.97/kg);
- 665 kg LM by a Moyne farmer made €1970 (€2.96/kg);
- 790 kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €2260 (€2.86/kg);
- 695 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €2020 (€2.91/kg);
- 740 kg SAX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €2170 (€2.93/kg);
- 710 kg SIX by a Knocknagur farmer made €2140 (€3.01/kg).
- 400 kg AAX by a Mountbellew farmer made €1160 (€2.90/kg);
- 505 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €1660 (€3.29/kg);
- 535 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1570 (€2.93/kg);
- 565 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €1670 (€2.96/kg);
- 605 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1870 (€3.09/kg);
- 575 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1850 (€3.22/kg);
- 610 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1950 (€3.20/kg);
- 660 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €2020 (€3.06/kg).
- 480 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €1590 (€3.00/kg);
- 500 kg AAX by an Ower farmer made €1500 (€3.00/kg);
- 500 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1530 (€3.06/kg);
- A pair of 555 kg CHX by an Oranmore farmer made €1750 (€3.15/kg);
- 545 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1720 (€3.16/kg);
- 615 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1920 (€3.12/kg);
- 620 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1830 (€2.95/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 285 kg SIX by a Williamstown farmer made €910 (€3.19/kg);
- 325 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1090 (€3.35/kg);
- 325 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1040 (€3.20/kg);
- 345 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1090 (€3.16/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 270 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1000 (€3.70/kg);
- 355 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1100 (€3.10/kg);
- 310 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1100 (€3.55/kg);
- 315 kg CHX by a Garrafrauns farmer made €1000 (€3.17/kg);
- 300 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1020 (€3.40/kg);
- 340 kg CHX by a Williamstown farmer made €1050 (€3.09/kg).
Report from last week
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].