Tuam Mart – sheep prices – 21-09-2021
According to Marion Devane, there was a “noticeable lift” in lamb prices at Tuam Mart’s sheep sale on 21-09-2021.
The mart manager reported that “factory agents were eager to secure both forward and factory-fit lambs”.
“Store lambs were also a brighter trade than the previous week.”
Tuam Mart 21-09-2021:
- 31 kg lambs by a Recess farmer made €100 (€3.23/kg);
- 37.5 kg lambs by a Ballyhaunis farmer made €105 (€2.80/kg);
- 40.5 kg lambs by a Ballinasloe farmer made €114 (€2.81/kg);
- 42.5 kg lambs by a Tuam farmer made €121 (€2.85/kg);
- 45 kg lambs by a Belclare farmer made €121 (€2.69/kg);
- 47 kg lambs by a Brownsgrove farmer made €134 (€2.85/kg).
Devane reported that a “cooler hogget trade was clear” with prices from €214 to €130.
- Hoggets by a Hollymount farmer made €214;
- Also, hoggets by a Claremorris farmer made €212;
- Hoggets by a Tuam farmer made €200.
Breeding and cull ewes
Breeding ewe prices varied from €100 to €198.
Old ewes also met with what Devane described as a “fair” trade.
- 100 kg ewes made €170;
- 87.5 kg ewes made €140;
- 77.5 kg ewes made €122.
Belclare Sheep Society sale
Tuam Mart hosted a sale of crossbred ewe lambs & hoggets and sale of pedigree rams for the Belclare Sheep Society on Friday, September 24th. She reported that just under 500 sheep were on offer.
- 1st: James Donnellan, Dunmore;
- 2nd: Padraic Ryan, Tuam;
- 3rd: Sonny Jennings, Cahergal.
- 1st: Paddy Fleming, Woodquay;
- 2nd & 3rd: Denis Lyons, Balla.
Cattle prices at Tuam Mart
According to Marion Devane, a “tremendous yard of stock” turned out for Tuam Mart’s annual cattle show and sale on Monday, September 27th, 2021.
She reported that “an excellent trade” prevailed and “it was not rare to see cow prices surpass €2.20/kg”.
“Many thanks to all our sponsors who continue to support us year on year,” Devane added.
1st-prize for the best cow in the yard, sponsored by That’s Farming’s sister company, Corrib Oil, went to Norman Connolly for a phenomenal BB cow, weighing 875 kg, making €2,600 (€2.97/kg).
Read full mart report.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- Next Charolais evening weanling sale: October 4th;
- October 11th; Next Limousin evening weanling sale. A special ICBF 4/5-star heifer sale in conjunction with the general sale.
To include your reports, email – firstname.lastname@example.org