Tuam Mart – cattle prices – 21-02-2022
According to Marion Devane, buyers forked out premium prices at Tuam Mart’s cattle sale on Monday, February 21st, 2022.
She reported that cull cows reached €2,280, while suckler pairs made up to €1,900, heifers hit €1,930, and bullocks topped out at €1,920.
Meanwhile, in the weanling rings, bulls reached €780 and heifers climbed to €1,090.
Tuam Mart 21-02-2022:
- 390 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1250 (€3.21/kg);
- 420 kg AAX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1000 (€2.38/kg);
- 440 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1350 (€3.07/kg);
- 465 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1240 (€2.67/kg);
- 565 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1540 (€2.73/kg);
- 635 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1710 (€2.69/kg);
- 680 kg AAX by a Moylough farmer made €1700 (€2.50/kg);
- 690 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1930 (€2.80/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 820 kg LM cow by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1990 (€2.43/kg);
- 660 kg LM by a Mountbellew farmer made €1580 (€2.39/kg);
- 550 kg LMX by a Moylough farmer made €1380 (€2.51/kg);
- 925 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €2280 (€2.46/kg);
- 740 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1640 (€2.22/kg);
- 735 kg AU by a Barnaderg farmer made €1700 (€2.31/kg);
- 485 kg SAX by a Cummer farmer made €1140 (€2.35/kg).
- Cows with calves at foot made up to €1900.
Weanling heifer prices:
- 360 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1060 (€2.94/kg);
- 245 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €710 (€2.90/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 235 CHX by a Belclare farmer made €700 (€2.98/kg);
- 275 kg CHX by an Irishtown farmer made €780 (€2.84/kg).
- 385 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €1090 (€2.83/kg);
- 375 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1050 (€2.80/kg);
- 480 kg HEX by a Dunmore farmer made €1120 (€2.33/kg);
- 450 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1170 (€2.60/kg);
- 485 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1240 (€2.56/kg);
- 525 kg STX by a Dunmore farmer made €1390 (€2.65/kg);
- 545 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1530 (€2.81/kg);
- 645 kg FR by a Claregalway farmer made €1460 (€2.26/kg);
- 660 kg CHX by a Ballinalsoe farmer made €1920 (€2.91/kg);
- 615 kg AAX by a Tuam farmer made €1680 (€2.73/kg).
Last week’s cattle prices:
Read a report from the previous week’s sale.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – email@example.com