Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 19-12-2022
Yesterday (Monday, December 19th, 2022) marked Tuam Co-operative Livestock Mart’s final cattle sale of the year.
Mart manager, Marion Devane, reported that cull cows topped out at €2,560, while bullocks soared to €1,990, and heifers peaked at €1,790 at the mart’s weekly cattle sale.
In the weanling rings, bulls sold to €1,140 and heifers changed hands for up to €1,170.
Devane commented: “Tuam Mart will reopen for sheep sales in 2023 on Tuesday, January 3rd, 2023 and Monday, January 16th, 2023 for cattle sales.”
Tuam Mart 19-12-2022
- 325 kg SI by a Ballinrobe farmer made €1010 (€3.11/kg);
- 385 kg CHX by a Williamstown farmer made €1090 (€2.83/kg);
- 410 kg CHX by a Williamstown farmer made €1200 (€2.93/kg);
- 505 kg CHX by a Claremorris farmer made €1520 (€3.01/kg);
- A pair 505 kg LMX by a Moycullen farmer made €1470 (€2.91/kg);
- 535 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1640 (€3.07/kg);
- 590 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1750 (€2.97/kg);
- 725 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1990 (€2.74/kg).
- 375 kg LMX by a Clifden farmer made €1190 (€3.17/kg);
- 405 kg LMX by a Castlerea farmer made €1190 (€2.94/kg);
- A pair 445 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1450 (€3.26/kg);
- 485 kg LMX by a Castlerea farmer made €1580 (€3.13/kg);
- 505 kg CHX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1580 (€3.13/kg);
- 615 kg CHX by a Dangan farmer made €1790 (€2.91/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 920kg LMX made €2,560 (€2.78/kg);
- 785kg CHX made €2,470 (€3.15/kg);
- 665 kg CH by a Barnaderg farmer made €1710 (€2.57/kg);
- 715 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €1980 (€2.77/kg);
- 690 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1790 (€2.59/kg);
- 565 kg SIX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1460 (€2.58/kg);
- 830 kg AA by a Headford farmer made €2230 (€2.69/kg);
- 565 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1550 (€2.74/kg);
- 700 kg CHX by a Westport farmer made €2040 (€2.91/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 220 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €690 (€3.14/kg);
- 280 kg CHX by a Clifden farmer made €900 (€3.21/kg);
- 220 kg LMX by a Shrule farmer made €700 (€3.18/kg);
- 355 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1170 (€3.30/kg);
- A pair 307 kg LMX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €950 (€3.09/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 175 kg CHX by a Clifden farmer made €690 (€3.94/kg);
- 290 kg LM by a Shrule farmer made €1110 (€3.83/kg);
- 275 kg LMX by a Woodquay farmer made €920 (€3.35/kg);
- 3 LMX 375 kg by a Dunmore farmer made €1140 (€3.04/kg);
- 285 kg LMX by a Hollymount farmer made €980 (€3.44/kg);
- 235 kg CHX by a Mountbellew farmer made €730 (€3.11/kg).
Read a report from last week’s cattle sale.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].