Tuam Mart – cattle prices – 18-10-2021
According to Marion Devane, a “tremendous” trade prevailed for cull cows at Tuam Mart on Monday, October 18th.
The mart manager reported that over 60 lots of cows were on offer with “plenty of demand from factory agents to meet the supply”.
Tuam Mart 18-10-2021:
Cull cow prices:
- 685 kg LMX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1340 (€1.96/kg);
- 735 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1460 (€1.99/kg);
- 720 kg LMX by an Irishtown farmer made €1490 (€2.07/kg);
- 605 kg CHX by a Mountbellew farmer made €1300 (€2.15/kg);
- 710 kg CH by a Dunmore farmer made €1890 (€2.66/kg);
- 920 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €2210 (€2.40/kg).
- 375 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €860 (€2.29/kg);
- 355 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €830 (€2.34/kg);
- 340 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €810 (€2.38/kg);
- 390 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €950 (€2.44/kg);
- 455 kg LMX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1220 (€2.74/kg);
- 790 kg AAX by a Tuam farmer made €1850 (€2.34/kg);
- 755 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1810 (€2.40/kg).
- 380 kg AUX by a Dunmore farmer made €880 (€2.32/kg);
- 350 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €790 (€2.26/kg);
- 385 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €940 (€2.44/kg);
- 495 kg CHX by a Turloughmore farmer made €1210 (€2.44/kg);
- 440 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1200 (€2.73/kg);
- 635 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1500 (€2.36/kg);
- 610 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1500 (€2.46/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 290 kg LMX by a Lavally made €940 (€3.24/kg);
- 270 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €940 (€3.48/kg);
- 375 kg CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1000 (€2.67/kg);
- 380 kg CHX by an Oughterard farmer made €1050 (€2.76/kg);
- 395 kg CH by a Dunmore farmer made €1130 (€2.86/kg);
- 385 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1160 (€3.01/kg);
- 400 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €970 (€2.43/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 295 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €800 (€2.71/kg);
- 265 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €800 (€3.02/kg);
- 335 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1040 (€3.10/kg);
- 460 kg LMX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €1120 (€2.43/kg).
According to Devane, Norman Connolly’s in-calf heifer sale saw an “electric” trade.
“The sale attracted buyers from near and far, with lots sold as far as Letterkenny and County Monaghan. Heifers maxed out at €3,400 with an average price of €2,500.”
Read a report from last week’s sale
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- Next Monday: Bank Holiday General Sale at 11 am and the Western Simmental Breeding Heifer Sale, which will take place at 6 pm in ring 2. Please note that the weanling heifer sale will take place in ring 2 at 5:30 pm to facilitate this sale. The weanling bull sale will take place at 6pm in ring 1.
- Sheep sales every Tuesday with breeding sheep at 4:30 p.m. and a lamb sale commencing at 5 p.m.
- Note: Tuam Mart will be celebrating its 60th anniversary, and Tuam Mart Store will be celebrating its 20th anniversary on Monday, November 1st – Entries now taken.