Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 16-05-2022
According to Marion Devane, a “powerful” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart, Co Galway on Monday, May 16th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that dry cows sold to €2,320, while heifers hit €1,900 and bullocks topped out at €1,930.
Tuam Mart 16-05-2022
- 385 kg AAX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1170 (€3.04/kg);
- 405 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €1270 (€3.06/kg);
- 415 kg BBX by a Dunmore farmer made €1290 (€3.11/kg);
- 500 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1460 (€2.92/kg);
- 520 kg LMX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1650 (€3.17/kg)
- 565 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1800 (€3.19/kg);
- 590 kg CHX by by a Knocknagur farmer made €1880 (€3.19/kg);
- 605 kg LMX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1860 (€3.07/kg);
- 620 kg CHX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1900 (€3.06/kg).
- 365 kg AAX by a Castlerea farmer made €1150 (€3.15/kg);
- 405 kg BBX by a Castlerea farmer made €1250 (€3.09/kg);
- 430 kg LMX by a Brierfield farmer made €1320 (€3.07/kg);
- A group of 3 528 kg AAX by a LMX farmer made €1320 (€3.07/kg);
- 545 kg AAX by a Cummer farmer made €1720 (€3.16/kg);
- 550 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1720 (€3.13/kg);
- 590 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1840 (€3.12/kg);
- 625 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1930 (€3.09/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 780 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2320 (€2.97/kg);
- 640 kg SAX by a Caherlistrane farmer made €1800 (€2.81/kg);
- 785 kg BBX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €2270 (€2.89/kg);
- 760 kg LMX by a Corrandulla farmer made €2090 (€2.75/kg);
- 690 kg LMX by a Caherlistrane farmer made €1840 (€2.67/kg);
- 700 kg LMX by a Ballyhaunis farmer made €1990 (€2.84/kg);
- 740 kg AAX by a Milltown farmer made €1990 (€2.69/kg);
- 645 kg AAX by a Moylough farmer made €1770 (€2.74/kg).
Devane reported a “firm” clearance at its evening weanling sale.
Weanling heifer prices
- A group of 3 268 kg CHX by a Knock farmer made €880 (€3.28/kg);
- 280 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €930 (€3.32/kg);
- 335 kg LMX by a Williamstown farmer made €1050 (€3.13/kg);
- 345 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1050 (€3.04/kg);
- 355 kg LMX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €1150 (€3.24/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 285 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €900 (€3.16/kg);
- 385 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1140 (€2.96/kg);
- 350 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1100 (€3.14/kg);
- 360 kg AAX by an Irishtown farmer made €1070 (€2.97/kg);
- 415 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1380 (€3.33/kg);
- 560 kg LMX by a Bushypark farmer made €1670 (€2.98/kg).
Last week’s cattle sales:
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Monday, May 23rd: General cattle sale and special sale of autumn-born weanlings.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – email@example.com.